Sunday 4 July 2010

Paperbag album

Today I am sharing a paperbag album I made recently. My dear friend Sue showed me how to create the book on our weekend away - really easy to make but very effective. It's basically three paper bags stuck together and then trimmed to make the staggered effect. I NEED to make more of these so paper bags are now on the ever growing 'must buy' list!

The decoration is my own work. The only change I made to Sue's construction was to make the closure on the book magnetic instead of using a ribbon tie; I wanted the cover design fairly minimal.
The pictures are of Taliesin West, architect Frank Lloyd-Wright's winter home and studio in Scottsdale, Arizona, which I visited in 2005 and absolutely loved.

The papers are MME So Sophie, I didn't use a lot of embellishments as you need to keep the pages relatively flat to allow the book to close properly.
It's my turn on Gingersnaps this week so I'll be back on Wed with a card I made :).

Thanks for popping over,

Katy

11 comments:

  1. great book,I love the staggered effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous album! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab book - love the colours, and like the magnetic clasp idea. The photos look great - great memory to have firmly treasured away :)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the clasp idea! Love the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wondered what these looked like, do you collect them from a supermarket or do you buy them especially.... This is gorgeous and such a great idea. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab mini-album! You are so inventive with memory art! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy a brill idea about the clasp. You are the best

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fantastic Katy! Love the pattern papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy, OOh I'm so jealous you went to Taliesin West you lucky girl :)
    Love your work this is brilliant, what a lovely way to store your memories, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the book Katy. I'vejust had those papers delivered in my monthly kit, they are lush

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really fun paperbag book Katy - love the different page sizes!

    ReplyDelete