Saturday 31 May 2014

By the Sea

I absolutely love to be by the sea, so when I saw that Vintage Seaside was the theme for the latest Frilly and Funkie Challenge it was the perfect excuse to play with these new Tim Holtz stamps I just HAD to buy! This is my challenge entry. I was particularly inspired by Jenny Marples.

It's all done with Distress Inks - a splattery watery background created by mixing my own mist with Reinker and then watercolouring with the inks onto the stamped images and die cuts.

I loved making this and these might be my new fave stamps (at least for this week!).

Stamps: Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous - Nautical Blueprints; Innovative Stamp Creations (netting)

4 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous Katy! The colour combo is perfect for a sea theme! I used those stamps just yesterday on something. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your very kind words Katy. I'm so glad you were inspired to join in with this fortnight's challenge. I can fully understand why this is your favourite stamp set at the moment and my goodness you've worked wonders with it. The watery background is gorgeous and you've added real depth and dimension to the shells with the inks. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your background and use of those gorgeous stamps!! Jenny totally inspires me as well! You have created a masterpiece! Thanks for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and summery, deffo reminds me of the sun, sand and sea:)

    ReplyDelete