Monday 9 February 2015

Take Note!


I can be a tad forgetful at times (could be my age or perhaps the sign of a creative mind!) so anything that helps me keep my affairs in order has to be a good thing!

So for this week's Rubber Dance DT make I've created a fridge magnet noteholder from a peg and a piece of chipboard.

The background is decoupaged with book paper, painted over with silver paint which I partially removed with a baby wipe to give it a worn look. I stamped over the background with the Vintage Script stamp in black Archival (dry this with a heat gun as you are using it on paint).

The peg was a blackboard one from Papermania and I also treated this with a wash of silver paint. My die cut letters are touched very lightly around the edges with the same paint using my finger.


Finally the main event - my lovely pen nib. This is also a Rubber Dance stamp, stamped onto a sheet of craft metal in black (use Archival heat set, or StazOn) and then bent around a paintbrush. It's secured in place with silicone glue to help it retain some shape.

Quite simple but I am rather pleased with this little piece - pretty and also very practical!

Thanks for popping in :)
Katy x

Rubber Dance stamps used:

5 comments:

  1. Another great design, so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness me, Katy - this is SO COOL!! I thought that was a real pen nib when I first saw the photo. So clever to bend the stamped image around a paint brush and secure it in place and form. Love the black, silver and gray together like this. Awesome looking and handy piece of art! :-)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea and I love all the finishing touches you have given this project Katy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool project Katy. Love that you created the pen nib yourself! Hope it helps keep you organised X

    ReplyDelete