Sunday 20 December 2015

Wintry Wishes


Well it doesn't feel very wintry here in the UK, as we are having unseasonably warm weather! It should be bright and frosty when instead it's grey and rainy, but hey I can still create a card that captures the cool hues of winter!

This card is all about the background, which has quite a few layers.

1) The first layer is actually one of my 'leftovers' - a print created using the waste spray ink collected on a stencil. To this, I added Distress Inks in Iced Spruce, Tumbled Glass and Cracked Pistachio.

2) Next I added a layer of stamping - script (IndigoBlu) in Watering Can Archival and swirls (Tim Holtz) in Iced Spruce. In each case I stamped with the stamp in my hand rather than on a block, to get a partial/distressed impression.

3) I then spritzed the card here and there with Picket Fence Distress Stain and used the nozzle to flick larger drops of the ink over the background. Dry the background with a heat tool.

4) Finally, I applied white gesso (DecoArt) roughly around the edges with a stiff paintbrush and added some smears of Stickles in places.

I finished off the card with die cut stems (Memory Box) and a word (Tim Holtz for Sizzix).

Hope you like!

Katy

4 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! Calming but intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Katy, love the background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card ! Katy LOv ethe background - great colour combo and detail .x

    ReplyDelete