Monday 16 May 2016

Fragile for Visible Image


I've created a simple (but I hope effective) journal page for Visible Image today. How Fragile... is one of the newest releases. I only got my mitts on it on Saturday but I was eager to have a play straight away. This whole spread uses a very minimal amount of supplies - basicially one stamp set, three spray inks and some clear embossing powder.



Here's how I created it:

1 Heat emboss the cracked glass stamp several times in clear embossing powder - I worked straight onto my journal paper because I am working with water-based sprays and gesso would resist them.

2 Lightly spray over the page with Broken China Distress Spray Stain, blot and dry.

3 Spray Faded Jeans and Hickory Smoke sprays close to the paper, concentrating on the centres of the stamped images. Push the wet sprays outwards towards the edges of the stamped images with a paintbrush. Blot and dry. Repeat if desired.

4 Spray the Broken China here and there to eliminate any harsh brush lines or obviously blocks of colour.

5 Rub over the embossing gently with a cloth to remove some of the ink and make the white pop more.

6 Stamp the phrase onto cardstock, spray very lightly and from some distance with the Hickory Smoke ink to get a light splatter of ink on the words. Cut out and add to your page.

Thanks for visiting today!

Katy x

This is the stamp I used -  How Fragile we Are


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pages katy...really love the simplicity! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete