Monday 1 August 2016

Flower Wreath Card for Susan K Weckesser CT


A quick make today from me for the Susan K Weckesser Creative Team. I used the gorgeous In My Garden set to make a pretty, summery card.

To start with I marked a light pencil circle in the centre of a square card blank and stamped the phrase inside the circle. I used a die cut card circle for this, then used the negative part to allow me to lightly ink the area just inside the circle.


I used the circle as a guide to stamp a wreath of flowers around the greeting. I stamped the flowers again and coloured them with alcohol markers and cut them out. I cut between each petal and bent the petals around a pencil to add shape. I then glued them over the stamped images on the card. I used glue gel to give them a bit of lift and enable them to overlap.

A simple card, but I think very pretty for a summer birthday.

Lovely to see you today. Take care.

Katy x

Susan K Weckesser for Unity - In My Garden Set

4 comments:

  1. this is absolutely stunning. you sure did these stamps justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never even have thought to do that with this stamp set !!!!! It is simply gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW stunning work of art indeed
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous design to fit the sentiment Katy, gorgeous colours too xxx

    ReplyDelete