Saturday 29 October 2016

Spooky Graveyard for Stampdendous


A spookilicious make for Stampendous today! Using the super cute Who Am I? stamp.

Here's how I made it:

1 Paint a wooden block with black gesso (you may need two coats). When dry, use a light touch to sponge purple paint over the black, leaving areas of the black visible. (I used artist grade fluid acrylic paint so I mixed mine with Tinting Base to make it opaque.)

2 On the top of the block, use a palette knife to apply black embossing paste through the Stone Background stencil. When dry, dry brush with grey paint to highlight the texture.

3 Die cut the tree from black card. Cut off the lower branches and keep one back. Dry brush the tree and branch with grey paint.

4 Hand cut a gravestone in grey card and stamp it all over in black with the stone effect stamp from the Andy Skinner set.

5 Die cut bats and glue them to pieces of wire. Pierce a hole in the middle of the block with a pokey tool and fill with glue before adding the wires into the hole.

6 Add the tree to the reverse of the block. Add a tab to back of the gravestone so it will stand and glue that in place towards the back of the block.

7 Glue the offcut from the tree to the front of the block. Stamp the greeting onto grey card, inking the bottom portion only. Cut out and distress the edges before adding over the branch on 3D foam.

8 Stamp and colour the ‘Who Am I’ little creature stamp (I used Inktense pencils). Add a tab to the back of him and adhere at the front of the block.

Hope you like my 3D creation - thanks for visiting today.

All the stamps and stencils are available from Stampendous.

Katy x

Spooky Graveyard
Products used:
Stampendous products:
CRQ226 Who Am I Stampendous Cling Stamp
CRV322 Shadows Stampendous Cling Stamp
ASCRS03 Andy Skinner Industrial Cling Stamp Set
DWLG611 Stone Background Dreamweaver Stencil
DWDX7020 Leafless Tree Dreamweaver Die
DEPMB Dreamweaver Matte Black Embossing Paste
MPW811 Mixed Media Paper

Other: Cardstock – black, grey
DecoArt Media Gesso – Black
DecoArt Media Tinting Base
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Dioxazine Purple, Medium Grey Value 6
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Bats die cutter (mine is Sizzix)
Dark coloured wire
Sponge (a washing up sponge or bath sponge works fine)

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is spookarifically delicious!!! LOVE all the details and can see this sitting on a shelf awaiting trick or treaters!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that little guy is so cute.
    I have to get him for myself.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome textures and colors on this fun project! I have become very fond of 'Who Am I?' and now I am on a mission to get that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!! I love the texture that you created on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making home decor for Halloween is my favorite thing to do. I am so going to make this for next year-I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I just adore this project! So cool!!

    ReplyDelete